Wednesday, April 14, 2010

loving a leave

I am on leave now... YES! I made it, hot diggity, do! I'm so thrilled, it's only slightly ridiculous.

- no need to check email! - I can nap! - no real time limits on getting anything done! - I can play trains with Micah at 10am! - I can live in my sweats!

...oh, the list goes on. And on. As I remember a-new that I don't need to go to work tomorrow, I can feel myself glow from inside. It's pretty awesome.

Yesterday, my first day off, I had a blast. Read only about 10 train books to Micah about 20 times, each (yes, I know them by heart). Went for a walk. Drew trains. Met up with a pregnant new friend. It was really a lot of fun.

Oh, one thing that happened yesterday made me pause. We went to Safeway to buy juice-making supplies (to make popsicles, of course) and both the card machine and the real human clerk asked me if I'd "like to make a donation to help people with disabilities". Ummm - what?

That's a little unsettling. Do I? Is that going back to me? The people I work for? Or... who exactly is this going to, and towards what end? It's funny how anyone who refuses looks like an ass towards people with disabilities. I wonder if they ask people that use wheelchairs if they'd like to contribute? Ha! I'd like to see that!

Anyway, moving on.

This leave is so different from my last one. It's more fun because I get to play with Micah all day. It's harder because I get to play with Micah all day!! It's easier because I get to play with Micah all day *chuckle* It's just different, you know? Better. And different.

We'll see how it all unfolds.

No comments:

Post a Comment