Friday, April 9, 2010

pop, pop!

I am so obsessed with popsicles. It's bad - really bad. I wake up thinking of them. Wander around all day thinking of them. Want 'em, need 'em... must have 'em.... (yes, I do sit through client appointments, musing on flavours in the back of my head... this is why we should all get out on maternity leave at least a month before the baby comes!).

I have to say, it's more like I want 'ice-block' than an actual popsicle though. Ice block is what I used to have all the time as a kid in Fiji - it's just watery juice that's been frozen, usually with a stick in it. The thing about most ready-made popsicles that I find is that they are too something for the most part - too sweet, too rich, too smoothly textured. I like the knawing that goes on with an ice-block and I like how watery they are. Yum.

So I started making them. I just take sippy cups and fill them with watered-down juice, freeze it, and then relax in delight when they are done. I usually have multiple flavours freezing at once - grape/orange/and luscious lime. MMmmmm.... oh, lime, how I love you in all your tart glory.

I can't wait for next week, when my maternity leave starts and I can hang out with Micah and play trains and eat ice blocks all day!!! Oh yeah!!

No comments:

Post a Comment