Monday, March 8, 2010

girls and gifts

Over-analyzing everything as usual, I think I'm packaging the sum total of everything that's been difficult for me in my life (especially disability-wise), putting it into a little box, wrapping it and then giving it to Moxie.

You know?

My story is my own and I should not project it on her. Her life and experiences will be very different from mine. I can't just blanket it all and just not be scared/worried. But I also don't need to make my story hers.

If she's got Ds, she's going to have a completely different picture. And of course it goes without saying (so why am I saying it?) that she's going to have a completely different parental unit than I had. Not that I'm all-better than mine, but I do get stuff regarding disability and not fitting in that I don't honestly think my parents ever did.

So anyway. That's my thought o' the day.

My goal of the week is be be a little more open with people about what I'm going through. It is hard to get support, after all, if no one knows I need it. And I need to give people a chance to pull through and not fuck up in their responses. I mean, I've only told a handful of people about all of this!

I need to chill out. Trust some more. Relax a lot. And quit projecting.

Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment