Sunday, March 28, 2010

pregnantly procrastinating

I'm supposed to have been working assiduously from home all this past week... the furloughs that blanket the university don't (fortunately or not) affect me, with my outside-funded salary. Yes, so I was supposed to have been pounding out proposals and plans in addition to the emails and reports.

I didn't though. I only worked on emails and reports. I am terrifically uninspired for the proposals and plans right now. Miss-Jaded-Me thinks why bother? What's the point? What's actually going to happen, hmm? I'll write some 5-page proposal and put my heart in it and then it'll just sit around and not be implemented. Or worse, be "implemented" by some slacker that won't do squat. I'll come back from maternity leave and fix everything up; said slacker will get credit. Because this is what happens and I think I just don't feel like doing it right now...

I'm not motivated.

Of course this is coupled to the fact that my brain power seems to be directly decreasing in proportion to my belly burgeoning. I don't care about the proposals the way I care about the dust in the corner of my bedroom. Or the baby clothes that need to be sorted. Filling up the wiper warmer, buying some infant diapers. Finding a car seat that is pink.

That kind of thing.

Lying right next to my hands as I type are a lot of of contract budgets and I'm soooooooooooo bored. But I have got to finish this - I'm too much of a working ox to not. Mooo.

1 comment: