Thursday, February 11, 2010

moving from the r-word

There is such commotion over the 'r' word stuff. Palin/Emmanuel, Palin/Rush. And just the use of it in general.

I was really on the fence about it - probably leaning more towards it not being that big a deal. That some people seem to be over-reacting. But then I read the Unknown Contributor's post and realized that I'm wrong. 'Retard' is not a word that should be used. Ever.

I read more blog posts about it - here are a smattering of my faves that wrote about the Palinstuff:

Finnian's Journey
Class of 2008
T-cubed

It's a big subject and I don't think I'd ever have really understood it if I hadn't read what these mothers wrote. Again, especially the Unknown Contributor. That one left me in tears and promising to never say it again.

On a bright note, check out the new entries from my fave-photographer-mommy-blogger, Conny Wenk - she has some new photos up - they always make my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment