Monday, February 1, 2010

time for care

I finally received a return message from Louise of the Care program. This is the one that my therapist referred me to and seems to be like a good place to start in my reaching out.

Yep, reaching out. I realized a few months ago that I've dug myself rather nicely into a very isolated place in the corner. It was a combination of things: I was burned to the quick from a couple of friendships and needed time to really recover. I moved, back to the US. And then more recently, I hooked up with Mikey and my life became highly focused on the us, on our family.

It's kind of funny being in this spot and just thinking, wow! I'm really lonely!

So with the feng-shui'ing process that I've been engaging in, I've paid special attention to the friends/helpful people 'bagua'. I need more friends. And I need more help.

That's what my reaching out to the Care program is about. I want to try and connect with others. I'll be doing the same with other organizations like the Down Syndrome Association. You know, I've never even met a child with Ds. I've seen people from time to time walking in the street who clearly have Ds, but I've never really talked to anyone with an extra chromosome.

I think that needs to change.

2 comments:

  1. you're awesome! that's all I have to say. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the wonderful world of Ds and all that it has to offer! You are about to embark on a jouney filled with so much love it will take your breath away. And the bonus is that you will not be traveling alone:) This network of bloggers has been such an incrdible support system for me and my family. I am sure your travels will be made easier with the experiences of so many wonderful families! Good luck on the impending birth of your beautiful baby girl:) Looking forward to meeting her!

    ReplyDelete