Thursday, February 18, 2010

pieces of today

There have been a bunch of interesting articles floating around, like how to talk about disabilities and no such thing as a perfect child. The thing that I really like about this whole Sarah Palin/Silverman retard thing is that it's got people that don't usually talk about this, talking. We need that, you know. We need people to talk and get worked up about it in some way. Things never change when people don't really care one way or the other about something.

I'm not just talking about ds - I'm talking about attitudes and perceptions of disability as a whole.

I did like the Family Guy episode (that I happened to catch completely by chance). It was great to see a girl with ds portrayed in a way other than cloying, sweeter-than-nice. She was more like a real person. In the same vein, I loved Murderball. Badass guys in chairs slamming around.

Moving on, I'm working from home today but not getting much done. M ate something that didn't get on well with his tummy and he's been puking a lot. It's been a while since that's happened - I kind of forgot what baby puke's like! I guess this is a great refresher. 2 more months... I'll have all kinds of spit up stuff again!

No comments:

Post a Comment