Monday, December 28, 2009

carrots and crunches

I'm reading Skinny Bitch: Bun in the Oven. Like the original Skinny Bitch, it seems like they have some anger issues - they can't stop cussing (when it doesn't seem necessary - it's like they are putting in cuss words just cuz. It's a "tough love" book). And in order to get to what I like (the meal plans) I had to wade through:

- the inconsistencies and hypocrisies including that you shouldn't eat meat because it is rotting flesh and vegetables are living when you eat them (last I checked, those carrots in the fridge were pretty dead)
- all the advocating they do for veggie/vegan processed foods that taste like meat - but wait! we're not supposed to like or eat meat anymore!
- the educational pieces on how bad the meat industry and government are, the evils of chemicals and all that...

Getting over that, there's the meal plans and I like those for mainly inspirational purposes. They stimulate me in doing a better job of combining grains and nutrients and stuff like that. At least I like to think they are.

I've also re-opened my beloved Well Rounded Pregnancy Cookbook. I love this one. I bought this before I even bought any pregnancy/baby books! (I got so freaked out by "What to Expect when you are Expecting" that I ran out of the store). I think this cookbook ought to be a standard that they give out in doctor's offices or something, when you first find out you are pregnant. It's full of great recipes that you can tailor to how you feel (sick/hungry/full). And they taste good! Really, really good.

One more note on this here subject: I also got The Perfect Pregnancy Workout Pt. 2! I was so excited when I saw it. This was made by the twin sister of the Cirque du Soleil acrobat that made the Perfect Pregnancy Workout 1. The first one focuses on pilates-types exercises and the second on yoga. It looks like a pretty bad-ass yoga workout... from the pictures. Have yet to try it (it just came in the mail today).

Ooooh, I'm so excited! I'm going to try it out now.

No comments:

Post a Comment