Sunday, December 20, 2009

weighting strong

I gained 90 lbs being pregnant with Micah. Count 'em. NINE-TY. 9-0. That's a whole lotta poundage. While I did lose a lot of them, I still had 20 to go when I got pregnant with Ziggy and everything (= my weight loss) came to a grinding halt. Then I lost Ziggy. Then I got pregnant with Rainbow.

I started this one heavier than I wanted to be from the get-go, so I've been trying to exercise and "eat right". Exercising is relatively easy to push myself to - first of all, I like it. And second, all I have to think of is the horrific recovery I had from Micah's c-section (which, I believe is partly to do with the fact that I was so out of shape) and I get completely freaked out and run for the videos.

Yes! I am using 2 really awesome workout videos that I talked about in Finding Ruby's Father,
The Perfect Pregnancy Workout and 10 Minute Solution: Prenatal Pilates. They really hit the nail - the former is just.. perfect. And it takes about 45 minutes, again, a perfect amount of time. Gets everything going and going strong. The latter is what I turn to when I don't have 45 minutes, or if I just want to shake it up. It's great because you can pick and choose which workout sessions you want, create your own session. Plus, she moves quickly, does those count downs ("3 more..") so the end is in sight when it seems like too freakin' much.

While I'm getting pretty big, I have only gained 10 lbs so far. That's like, incredible for me. By this time with Micah, I'd gained what I think I was supposed to have gained for the WHOLE PREGNANCY... Hopefully my strength and flexibility will increase so that I'll really be able to have the birth experience - and recovery - that I'd like.

I have my heart set on a vbac... I want the doula, the music, staying in my own bathtub for as long as possible, the whole crunchie, crystal-kissing shebang. Oh yeah! I want to be able to squat down and push out my little girl - knives and bright lights and Kaiser be damned.

PS - that picture? not my belly - thought I'd spare you that white-veiny-less-than-perfect-piece-of-pregnant-me... but this one is pretty nice, huh?

1 comment:

  1. yay!! And I can't wait to order those dvds when I get home. I have one that's so-so. It's a Denise Austin preggie dvd w/20 mins of cardio, 20 mins of muscle toning, which is a great mix but I can't stand her. Way too syrupy.

    ReplyDelete