Tuesday, December 8, 2009

nailing a rainbow

I love Mikey so frickin' much.

He does dumb stuff like forget to pay the gas bill on time (which got us cut off twice!) and will leave laundry sitting around for what, forever. We could chore war ourselves to the grave and we probably will.

But. When the shit hits the fan... there isn't anyone better than Mikey.

He's got a way deeper sense of true compassion, honor and love than anyone I've ever known. It blows me away. Humbles me. Makes me deeply grateful that I'm with him. Makes me want to say cheesy things like, he makes me want to be a better person. Wow, that's some deep cheese there. True brie.

One little example:

I was telling him that if Rainbow does have Ds, I'm likely to struggle with the desire to have another baby, to "get it right" so that Micah would have a sibling he'd be able to relate to on an intellectual level. Mikey was like, "what do you mean? We GOT it right with Rainbow. However she is is exactly right - and who's to say Micah won't be able to relate to her if she's got Ds?"

I think he's nailed it. And I think I have a lot to learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment