Thursday, December 17, 2009

moxie, the rainbow tiger

I'm pretty sure we're going to name this little growing baby, Moxie.

Yes, Moxie!

I've gotten blank stares and 'uhhh.... okaaaay''s from the few I've told, but really, that's fine. This baby needs to have a name that:

  • expresses the fighter that we already know her to be (besides her already beating the 0% odds laid out for her hydrops, she's going to be a Tiger, and slated to be a Taurus as well)
  • has ooomph-ah in her name
  • should start with 'm', just cuz. We all start with 'm' and I don't want to leave her out
  • needs to be easy to pronounce, won't get mucked up in French, Japanese, Chinese or Vietnamese
Moxie means:
1. vigor; verve; pep.
2. courage and aggressiveness; nerve.
3. skill; know-how.

I'm not crazy about the aggressiveness bit; so I'm ignoring it for the courage piece :)
So unless we come up with something better, Moxie she'll be.

As much of a tiger-fighter she is, she's got that big splash of rainbow to her too... she cracks me UP with her cheeseball-ness. I swear, she's hooked on cheesy music. I'll have something playing of the non-cheese variety and she's quiet as can be. "You Light Up My Life" (or what is playing right now, "Unforgettable") comes on and she's all karate-kick-master.

THWACK
!

She lively ups herself in a big way. Roar, my little tiger! To the soft crooning of Johnny Mathis!

No comments:

Post a Comment