Tuesday, December 29, 2009

new things

Well. The Perfect Pregnancy Workout Video Pt 2 was a bit of a let down. It went so damn fast! I played the beginning like, 3 times thinking that I missed something because there was no introduction, nothing. She just jumped right into a vigorous yoga pose. And she's all about vigorous yoga poses. It's only 35 minutes long total, but it's like a race from pose to pose.

While I'm not loving it, I'm not hating it, so maybe I'll just try it again and see which way the ball is going to swing.

Moving on, we got the Baby Einstein Wordsmith from Netflix and Micah is slurping it up and asking for seconds. It's pretty funny. He's not much of a tv kid - even if we have it on, he doesn't pay it much attention. But as I type, he's sitting in front of this one, rapt. Squeaking from time to time when he sees the kitty puppet. It's really good - goes slow, lots of repetition.

I'm thinking we all need to up the ante if Moxie's got Ds - we should be proficient at signing, since it seems that kids with Ds learn sign faster (well, that's true for any kid, I think). So I'm starting now. If she doesn't have it, no harm done. Sign will also be useful for me and my family to communicate if and when I go totally deaf. *smile* And you know I'm not joking!

We ALSO got a new book for Micah - Hand, Hand, Fingers, Thumb. It's GRRREAT! Full of monkeys and drumming action! And it's so awesome to have something fresh to read. While this kid has a whole load of books, he only reads one or two at a time. Over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and........ over. Sometimes I am proud of how I seem to be able to make "Goodnight Gorilla" seem fresh after the hundredth read - of that day alone. Good Mommy. Good!

No comments:

Post a Comment