Thursday, January 21, 2010

back on the road

I take back not liking Road Map to Holland. I can do that, right? Because I like it now. She's won me over with her honesty and she seems to have relaxed a bit after chapter 4 or 5.

I keep thinking about her description of her day as I move about mine (one of mine where I'm not working, that is). I'm like this huge exhausted slug, dragging from one thing-to-do to the next. Bleh. And I read her accounting of the bottles and feedings and the naps and playtime with her older son and I get tired just thinking about it all. Last night I actually fell asleep after reading an account - I was just like, 'whooooooooah!'; brain went into over processing mode and bam! I fell asleep. Just like that.

Did I tell you that Micah was a twin? I don't think I did, not on this blog. But yes, Micah was a twin. His sibling didn't make it past the 2nd trimester. Then I had my 13-week miscarriage, "ziggy" (yes, short for 'zygote'). And now, this little girl. I say she's #2 but she's actually #4.

Back to Road Map: when I read her day, I'm not so sad that Micah's twin didn't make it. I don't know how I could've handled two.

No comments:

Post a Comment