Saturday, January 2, 2010

resolutioning

I finished Expecting Adam - what a great read! - and moved on to Gifts. This is a good one too. I was nervous that it would be "heartwarming" slop of the overworked Chicken Soup variety, but I was super pleasantly surprised. It's good (and yes, there are a few stories that made me cry).

The main threads that I am partial to:

- the mothers fall in love with their babies. Sometimes it takes them a while. But they do.
- the mothers talk about the 'saint' crap and how it's soooooooooooo far from their truth.
- there are pictures of the kids, and they really are pretty darn cute.

I am feeling better about it all. More comfortable with it. Less freaked out. Less scared - or rather than being scared shitless, I'm just scared.

I do remain overwhelmed. And feel isolated. That is one of my resolutions for this year: connect more with others. Do the mommy group thing. Get more support for myself.

The other thing that I need to get doing is figure out a way to augment the income. I don't want to have to worry about finances after she comes, and while I'm in my 2nd trimester, I still have some energy to take on more work, do more. Line the coffers some.

And the last thing I'm working on: just enjoying her. She's so active! Moves so much! It's fun to sit and feel her working her way all around my belly, and watch it vibrate with her kicks. I can't help but think how appropriate 'Moxie' is for her, this little Rainbow Tiger here.

No comments:

Post a Comment