Saturday, January 16, 2010

bc boarding

Back to Baby Center. I'm on like, 4 groups there - something like that... a cross of Ds and "regular" worlds.

I get it in a daily digest version - a summary of the titles of all the postings. I'll find my eye just wandering around reading, and then I'll draw back, surprised, when I read something like "help! terrified of stretch marks!'

HA! Ha! HAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!

Yes, I laughed as I typed that.

And I'm still laughing.

That's just sooooooooooooo funny!

I remember when that was around the extent of my worries. Stretch marks! Ha!

Starkly contrasting that board is the Ds Pregnancy postings - stuff ranging from dealing with guilt, grief, heart holes, when to start early intervention, adoption, death. Heavy, big, wrenching postings.

There aren't any postings about which sling to use or which stroller is best. That's for sure.

I'm glad I'm in both groups - they balance each other out. It feels so good to laugh over someone worrying about stretch marks, and super helpful to read about new slings out there or just you know, regular pregnancy stuff. And be able to learn a whole new world of acronyms on another group and cry over someone's wrenching loss, rejoice when their babies make it.

I don't know what women did before the internet...

2 comments:

  1. I couldn't agree with you more. I dont know what I would have done without my DS Pregnancy boards, and my March 2010 board. I feel like I get the best of both worlds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To skip stretch marks, drink tons and tons of water... day and night. Seriously it worked for me. For the last one I couldn't get myself to do it, and dang I got some stretch marks.

    I just found your blog. Congrats on your baby girl... can't wait to meet her!

    ReplyDelete