Tuesday, January 12, 2010

iroiro

I have enormous, big, huge respect for the writing on all these momblogs by moms with kids with Ds... and learned of most of them through the Baby Center group that I belong to. This group means soooooooooooo much to me... and I'd be lost without it. Those women! They are fabulously real. And so strong.

Today someone posted a link to the Karen Gaffney Foundation, and I am once again an inspired ox-mama. My heart feels full when I read of people with Ds doing their thing, living happy, productive lives. Like Karen.

On a more personal level, I'm chock full of appointments this week. Today: therapist + OBGYN. Thursday: fetal echocardiogram. I'm nervous. Yes, last we checked, her heart hole had closed, but what if? I'm just nervous.

Deep breath.

I seem to be taking a lot of those these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment