Friday, January 15, 2010

a surreal trip

We visited an alternate universe yesterday, GreatManDoctorWorld. It was our first visit! Have you been? It's stunning there. Man doctors who are in the know! Kind! Clever! Skilled at what they were hired to do! With neat things to look at whilst on the table.

Our introduction to this alternate reality was led by Dr. Desai (pictured) who made me want to tuck him neatly up, put him in my pocket, and have him be my doctor for everything other than OB-stuff. He actually got me thinking of delivering Moxie in Hayward (previously unthinkable). We're scheduled for the hospital tour next Thursday.

And! Dr Desai examined every aspect of Moxie's little heart and says she's good to go! Yay! No problems at all. He said the only thing that could go wrong at this point is if something that should normally close at birth doesn't. But that it shouldn't be a big deal - it would be something pretty small.

I *heart* Dr. Desai. Not to mention how he won me over with his talk on Ds 'it's hard to believe but there are still people that make a big deal about it, even now... that's so 30 years ago', and then when I said we'd already been treated to doctors who did, he asked who, then asked "Walton?' I said 'oh yeah, he's awful!' and he cracked up. Then I said that in terms of just talking about Ds, Newton (or whatever his name is) really took the cake with his 'burden for life' talk. Dr. Desai looked incredulous. Me? I was mollified... and totally happy to hear that good doctors do exist.

No comments:

Post a Comment